Virtual Open House
Attention youth serving professionals (teachers, school mental health staff, school administrative staff, advocates, coaches, and community leaders), parents/guardians of high-school aged youth, and curious community members eager to learn more about The Blue Bench's prevention programming - please join us for a first-ever preview/walk-through of our virtual high school prevention program, Uniting in Action: Creating a Culture to Prevent Sexual Violence.
- Tuesday, March 16th, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 25th, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7th, 9 - 10:30 a.m.
In our LIVE Virtual Open Houses we will cover the following:
- Overview of our high-school prevention program, Uniting in Action. We'll show you how we facilitate developmentally appropriate discussions with high-school aged youth and empower them in their role in shaping community responses to sexual violence.
- We'll walk you through the activities we use with high school youth to:
- Highlight the importance of bystanders in preventing sexual violence
- Build knowledge to recognize sexually inappropriate and violent behaviors in our communities
- Gain a clear understanding of consent
- Develop empathy for survivors
- Hone skills to support positive bystander intervention
- Finally, we'll equip you on how to support survivors of sexual violence. We all have the power to respond to survivors of sexual violence in a way that makes them feel believed, supported, and empowered! We'll share with you the survivor-centered and trauma-informed framework we use to respond to disclosures.
All of The Blue Bench's prevention programs are rooted in scientifically-supported approaches to prevention, are developmentally appropriate, and are designed to educate and empower participants across the lifespan.
Uniting in Action builds on the knowledge of participants to empower them in their role in shaping community responses to sexual violence. In focusing on the role of bystanders, workshop participants build knowledge to recognize sexually inappropriate and violent behaviors, develop empathy for survivors, and hone skills to support prosocial bystander intervention. Participants will leave the workshop empowered with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to play a role in preventing sexual violence.
We offer two virtual options:
- Option 1: Multi-module programming that will take place over a period of four weeks. These modules can be anywhere between 30-45 minutes, and can be split into a two, three, or four module program.
- Option 2: A single, 90-minute virtual program.
Please contact us to request additional information or to book a Uniting in Action program for your high school students.