COVID 19 & The Blue Bench
A Letter From our Executive Director
At The Blue Bench, the health and safety of the community is a top priority. To limit exposure of COVID-19 among the individuals we serve, our partners, and our staff, we closed our physical office locations effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 with a limited reopening starting in the month of June.
Our staff continue to focus on serving survivors and their loved ones. For any immediate needs, such as emotional and crisis support, please contact our 24/7 sexual assault hotline at 303.322.7273 (English) or 303-329-0031 (Spanish). For other matters, please call our office line at 303-329-9922, which will continue to be answered during regular business hours. All messages will be forwarded.
As always, I thank you. Because of your support, we are here for survivors, even during these unprecedented times. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones!
The Blue Bench
June 2, 2020
At The Blue Bench, the health, safety and well-being of the community is top priority. As we begin to open our doors, while also limiting exposure of COVID19 among individuals we serve, our partners, and our staff, we ask that all employees and visitors observe the following guidelines.
- If anyone is experiencing or has experienced any of the following symptoms, please do not come to the office until symptom free for 48 hours. This is also true for anyone who has been caring for someone with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficultly breathing
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Headaches (or an increase based on one's normal)
- If you or someone you care for has been diagnosed with COVID19, please do not come to the office until the person who has been sick has been symptom free for at least 14 days.
- At the Denver office, everyone will be required to wear a mask at all times when in the building, and limited people at a time will be allowed per elevator (please check signs).
- For all three (3) of our locations, masks will be required for staff and visitors while in The Blue Bench suite/office. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you as supplies last.
- If you show signs of symptoms while in the office, please be aware that you will be asked to leave at that time. Administrative staff will be notified, who will contact the Health Department and follow their guidance on next steps.
- Staff and visitors will be required to appropriately wash or use hand sanitizer immediately upon arrival.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required for staff and visitors.
- Due to risk of frequent contamination, the kitchen will be closed, however, bottled water will be made available.
In the interest of keeping ourselves and each other safe, thank you for adhering to the above. If the guidelines are not comfortable for you to adhere to, please talk with your contact about other options being offered virtually.