Don't feel like your group or organization fits into one of the other categories? We're a great fit for dad's or mom's groups, book clubs, church small groups and more. We are available to work with you and tailor a workshop to fit your needs and audience. Some examples of workshops we've done in the past include:
- Understanding the Impact of Trauma and Sexual Assault
- Understanding the Continuum of Sexual Assault: The role of Community Partners
- Supporting Survivors and Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault
- Managing the Impact of Sexual Assault: Adaptive and Maladaptive Coping
- Caring for Yourself while Caring for Others: Understanding and Managing Vicarious Trauma
- Understanding Sexual Trauma: Assessment and Treatment
- Bystanders, Survivors, and Budding Activists: Insights into Preventing Sexual Assault among Teens from Prevention to Clinical Perspectives
We can also tailor our existing programs to meet your needs
Let's Talk About It is an in-depth, five hour prevention program that is typically presented for an hour a day for five days in a row for middle school aged youth, and can be adapted to fit schedule requirements. This curriculum focuses on healthy relationships, boundaries and skill-building to become an active bystander. Trained facilitators lead participants in discussion and activities designed to make the content relevant to their own lives and empower students to be a part of changing social norms through prosocial bystander behavior.
This curriculum is designed to empower participants with knowledge, tools and strategies for talking about sexual assault with young children and intervening when they recognize warning signs. Through a discussion of the dynamics of child sexual abuse, participants will gain knowledge about proactive steps they can take to help keep children safe. This program is customized to meet the needs of each audience.
Many times, learning about the society wide myths and facts surrounding sexual assault can act as a front line and best defense for preventing sexual assault. To help equip adults and students alike, The Blue Bench offers programs that enable them to comfortably and efficiently talk about sexual assault with their family and friends, their neighbors and within their communities. Knowledge is Power: Sexual Assault Awareness includes an introduction to the myths and facts of sexual assault as well as information about what sexual assault is and the services available to assist survivors of an assault.