Knowledge Is Power: Sexual Assault Awareness and Bystander Action
During COVID 19, we recognize the heightened importance of providing educational programming in a safe and accessible format to bolster community response and support for survivors’ experiences. Like other Pathway to Prevention programs, our virtual programming draws from scientifically supported approaches to prevention, is developmentally appropriate and culturally responsive.
Knowledge Is Power: Sexual Assault Awareness and Bystander Action is a 2 hour education program presented to educators, youth serving professionals and the community.
Learning about society wide misconceptions and facts surrounding sexual assault can act as the best defense for preventing and responding to sexual assault. Knowledge is Power helps equip participants to effectively talk about and respond to sexual assault within their communities. Through this curriculum, participants will:
- Identify the reality behind common misconceptions and clarify facts about sexual assault.
- Understand how misconceptions impact survivors within the unique environment of COVID 19.
- Understand common responses to trauma and the impacts of sexual assault.
- Identify barriers to reporting and accessing care.
- Practice how to respond to disclosures within their role to support survivors.
- Learn about the primary services The Blue Bench provides to the metro Denver community
To book this program, please complete this form.